Monday, June 04, 2007

Earth X



team Alex Ross, Jim Krueger, John Paul Leon, Bill Reinhold, Todd Klein


bought this
from: BORDERS;
date: Sunday, 03 June 2007;

My thoughts:
The reason I bought this title, as I was looking for any 2 titles to make up for the 15% OFF (see this post).

First thing captured me from far is the cover done by Alex Ross. At 1st, I was a bit sceptical, as a few the American Comic publishers likes to use an artist for cover, and a different one for the content. I don't like such marketing trick, as I felt it's cheating the readers.

Thank goodness, I heart about this title before, and it's quite save to get it, and I did.

Earth X is basically a twisted tales of Marvel Universe set in the future, where most of the Marvel's icons are old or being replaced. The alliances of Super Heroes are divided, due to conspiracy act by an influential villain... that's all I know for now (have to read 1st~mah).

To me, this is like the Marvel's version of DC Comic's Kingdom Come. In fact, it is, after reading Wikipedia.

Alex Ross did a good job with Kingdom Come, and I have strong confident, he'll do it again with Earth X.

No comments:

 
Play-Asia.com - Buy Action Figures, Video Game Merchandise & Toys and more!