Monday, June 25, 2007

Chee Cheong Fun 豬腸粉 @ SS2

SS2 is famous for food, where you can access to variety of delicious hawker style food almost 24hours. There's this famous Chee Cheong Fun stall by the road side opposite Nam Heong Chicken Rice.), where we normally go on Sunday night.


The famous Chee Cheong Fun stall@SS2.






Facts:
Chee Cheong Fun is normally a self-service hawker stall, where you can mix and match, customised as you prefered.


"Self Service", Yong To Fu, Chee Cheong Fun, RM0.60 per piece".


you pick up a plate from the stall, like this customer... -_-"


mix and match your choice of stuffed vegetables or tofu, fritters, fishballs, meatballs, etc...


after you have your selections ready, kindly place it near the chopping board. And the Chee Cheong Fun Uncle will attend to you shortly.

Now this is where you order the "Main Course" - Chee Cheong Fun.

Chee Cheong Fun comes in 3 types, common types are round type (which looks like intestine) and the flat type (looks like pieces of oilly white cloth). As for the 3rd type, it contains vegetable fillings (rare).

Then the Uncle will cut & slice, the quantity of Chee Cheong Fun, as per your ordered. Then Uncle will ask how would you like your Chee Cheong Fun?

Here again, you can customise...
a) black sweet sauce (normally home brewed);
b) special home made chili sauce;
c) sesami;
d) assorted oil;
e) soya sauce;
f) curry gravy;
g) all the above;


my choice for today - a, c, d, e, & f
Price: RM 6.60;

My Thoughts
It's a happy+fun+delicious relaxing meal!

^0^

3 comments:

meendee said...

Wah, not bad ah you. This stall also you know >_< My sisters dig this chee cheong fun, but not me personally. I find the sauce not really my preference. But this stall has been operating for years d :D

mr-penman said...

of course! I used to stay at SS22.

normally my order is go w sesame, assorted oil and soya sauce.

last nite, suddenly craving for curry... LOL~

Tattfoo&Ensze said...

This is what I crave for, you won't find this in NYC. I will finish my chee cheong fun and go get some soup to clear the remain sauce on my plate hmmmmmm yummy.....miss it very much!

 
Play-Asia.com - Buy Action Figures, Video Game Merchandise & Toys and more!